Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Road to Success


The road to success is not straight. There is a curve called Failure, a loop called Confusion, speed bumps called Friends, red lights called Enemies, and caution lights called Family. You will have flats called Jobs; but if you have a spare called Determination, an engine called Perserverance, insurance called Faith, and a driver called Jesus, you will make it to a place called Success. (Anonymous)

Wouldn't it be so nice if we could just get on a highway, and take the exit to success? I used to wish I knew where the road to success was going to take me. I used to get so frustrated because I didn't know if I was going the right way. You know how when you get lost in a neighborhood that you are familiar with; and you are so frustrated because you can't believe you just got lost in your own city. In the past, I felt that way about life. I felt like I could deal with things so much easier if I just knew where I was going next. If I just knew what the next step was going to be, everything would be so much easier.

This quote helped me make sense of it all. Experience has taught me that things are just not that easy. The road to success is not straight so you will have some failures. At times, you will be confused, just don't stay that way. Friends will come and go. You will have haters and backstabbers. Sometimes your family may cause you to yield and slow down. Your job might seem as if it holds you back from your dream and keeps you stagnant. If you are experiencing these things, you are on the right path. All of these things are normal, so keep on moving forward.

When you feel like you're marching in place, your determination will get you moving again. Perseverance will get you past the tough spots. If you have a really bad accident that you can't seem to recover from, remember that you have insurance called Faith. All you have to do is believe that one day, you will take the exit to Success. If you believe in God, trust Him and He will get you there. If you have been driving, and you keep sliding off the road scoot over. You don't know everything. Let your creator help you out a little. He will make sure you get to your final destination.

1 comment: