Sunday, November 1, 2009

Good Intentions

The best intentions do not produce the best results. You will never be satisfied with your life, if you don't set goals. It's okay to dream and think big. However, at some point, you have to start taking action. Usually you cannot freestyle life and get somewhere. It's fun to be daring and adventurous. In fact, sometimes you have to let your hair down and feel the summer breeze. But, imagine this: What if you stood in the middle of a beach watching the waves in the ocean and letting your hair blow in the wind for eternity? I know, I know, you're saying, "Are you serious?" That's the precise reaction that I was looking for because that's ridiculous. Let's get real and start setting some realistic goals.

This subject is really personal for me because I struggle with staying consistent with some of my goals. For instance, my ongoing struggle with weight loss is insane. I'm always talking about how I'm going to reach my goal by the age of thirty, but time is winding up. It's getting to the point where I'm tired of hearing myself talk about it, so thanks for listening. My point is that I'm going to have to shut up or get something done. I don't want to keep disappointing myself because no one really cares about it as much as I do.

I know it sounds harsh, but no one really cares about your life as much as you do. I mean most of the time when we talk to someone people aren't really listening. Generally, humans listen with approximately a 25% comprehension rate, which translates into no one knows what you're talking about. Do you even know what you're talking about? If you do, then do something with what you know.

 Do you know someone who always says that they will do something and they never do? You hear them talking about all of the things that they plan on doing, but they never follow through with it. It gets to the point that you don't even engage them in a conversation. You just pretend as if you are listening. Okay, you can be honest. It goes in one ear and out of the other. If you can't relate to this, you just might be the person that everyone thinks is a joke.

I don't mean to be too direct, but it is what it is. If you don't accomplish your goals in a reasonable amount of time, you are a joke. In other words, you're full of it. For some of you, that's a hard pill to swallow, while others are still in denial. You might want to evaluate all of the things that you have been trying to do for years and analyze why you haven't finished it yet.

We're in this together, so I'll analyze myself. My weight issue has been placed on the back burner because I really don't think that it is that important. To be honest with myself, it is not a priority when it should be. If I don't make my health a priority, then I won't make the sacrifices necessary to reach my goal. What I'm going to do first is set some short term attainable goals. When I reach my short term goal, I'll tell you more about my intermediate goals. My long-term goal is to maintain a healthy weight, but I'm going to take it one step at a time. For more information on goal setting, Click Here!. Otherwise, let's set some goals and get beyond good intentions so that we can be a success together. Feel free to share your goals with others if you're really serious. Keep it to yourself if you just have good intentions.